Sunday, December 11, 2005

Real Snow

Friday brought our first real snow storm to the Boston area. Up until noon-time it looked like any old ambivalent Baltimore/Washington storm. It snowed in the morning and by lunch time it was raining.
Then at 1pm something strange happened to the sky. It totally blew up!
We had a thunder snow storm. We've never heard anything like it. For the next two hours we had an all-out blizzard. Luckily the heavy snow only lasted a few hours otherwise we'd be totally snowed in. We ended up with 6 or so really fun inches.
Ella and Dewey had lots of fun.



I'm wet. I'm cold. I want to go in. NOW!

I'm OK now. I've got my hat and boots on. Can we go back outside to play in the snow!

(Note: I fully realize that when the subject of this post hits her teen years I run the risk of being in a lot of trouble for this picture. I am prepared for this. I plan to teach her lots about humor and comedy so that maybe she'll understand my motives by then.)

No comments: