Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Art Therapy

Ella's fish, Green Beans, died about a month ago. We didn't mention it on the Blog because it went fairly smoothly and didn't turn out to be too monumental. We gave the little guy a Cosby Show style toilet bowl funeral. We all said a nice thing about the fish, flushed, and moved on. Except for the next day when Dewey was rolling around happily on his back, Ella thought he was momentarily dead, and we had to explain that not all things that are on their backs are dead, this event didn't really turn into much.

Tonight Ella was drawing while I was making dinner. I asked her what she was drawing and she said Green Beans. I asked her if she misses him and out of nowhere she said, "Yes. That's why I'm drawing him. I want to see him. Can you help me draw the plant, please." That is so sweet. I bet it helped.

He was a good fish. Lived to be 10 months old. Impressive for a goldfish. We'll miss you little guy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww. Poor Green Beans! Tell Ella I know how it feels to lose a pet too. She remembers Kitty! :)

disgruntled said...

seriously, you guys have the most amazing little girl in the world. i am working a preschool right now, so i have some sense of what other three year olds (and these guys are all really three, moving up to four) can do-- ella blows them all away.

whatever you're doing is working. i'm expecting you to write a parent manual for me when i have babies.

xoxo,
susanne