Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Expanding Vocabulary...One Day at a Time

Two wonderful conversations coming from the same song:
Peace Like a River
"I've got peace like a river,
I've got peace like a river,
I've got peace like a river in my soul,"

E: Daddy what's soul?
Z: (Whoa, that's deep...hmmmm) Well, it's sort of like who you are deep inside, what you stand for...your being. It's what makes us each so special!
E: (Smiling) Let's name my baby brother Soul!
Z: That's a very nice idea, Ella. Let's put that on the list. Right after Flamingo!

Z: You know Ella, I really like this song.
E: Me too, Daddy. It is becoming my favorite, favorite song.
Z: Why do you like it so much?
E: (Yells) Because I really like PEAS
Z: Well me too but this song is about PEACE not PEAS. Peace is like when people get a long and don't fight.
E: I have Peace with pretend Dewey. We're friends.
(Real Dewey is staying with Bubby and Zaida's house right now (thank you) so pretend Dewey lives with us right now)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HILARIOUS!!! WAY TO GO ELLA!!