Saturday, June 30, 2007

Love: Two Ways

Recently Ella has been a totally huggable, snuggable, lover. She loves to give unexpected hugs and announces that she loves you at the most wonderfully odd times. It is just wonderful to be around Ella during this phase and to be the recipient of all this love. Here's two funny "love stories" from the week.

1. Kelly says, "I love Ella, and Daddy, and Dewey." I say, "I love Mommy, and Ella, and Dewey." Looking at Mommy, Ella says, "Mommy loves Daddy, Dewey, Ella...and...Cucumbers."

2. At dinner the other night Ella was distractable and not eating much. We asked her to get it together, focus, and eat and she just wasn't having it. She was talking and whining and altogether not on her best behavior. Just as we got to the last warning before table removal, Ella started going back and forth between us saying, "I love you! I love you! I love you!"

That's tough. How do you punish a kid for that? She didn't eat much dinner that night and she certainly didn't get any dessert!

Ella--We love you too!

No comments: