Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ode to Paul


When I moved to Boston
I hardly knew a soul.
But soon I met my best friend Paul
And we were on a roll.

You taught me how to crawl.
You taught me how to walk.
I taught you how to nap.
And together we’ve learned to talk.
We play in the sand box.
We look around for ants.
When we get real dirty
We sometimes share our pants.


We chase around old Dewey.
We chase around your cat.
And when we go outside to play
Neither one of us wears a hat.

I’m really going to miss you!
And I’ll miss your mom a lot!
When I move to Carolina
It will be really, really hot.

I hope you can come visit
And play in my kiddie pool.
When we meet again
Probably neither of us will still drool.

We’ll always save a place
For you to take a nap.
Just look for N-O-R-T-H--C-A-R-O-L-I-N-A
And you’ll find us on the
map!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you guys so much for letting us be part you Ella's life this past year. We will miss you like crazy, but will be sure to visit.

Have a safe trip to your new home and we will always be thinking of you!

Lots of Love, Paul, Denise and Paul Hough